- Amazon will offer referral fee waivers, imaging and cataloging, and account management assistance at launch to mitigate a cold start for SHGs.
- Amazon will help market and promote SHG-listed products through the Sahelian storefront, social media, events and on-site merchandising.
- The MoRD (through the respective SRLM) will help identify and notify GST verified sellers to sell on Amazon.in, and help sellers secure GST, PAN, etc.
During the signing of the MoU, Union Minister Shri Giriraj Singh insisted on translating the MoRD and Amazon MoRD to conduct sales on the platform and ensure that the maximum number of craftswomen becomes “lakhpati”. He also suggested that Amazon and the MoRD identify challenges with existing products, their packaging and their branding.
To further facilitate the marketing of SHG products, NRLM is creating an alliance with Amazon Saheli and the two entities have signed a non-financial memorandum of understanding to offer SHG women the Amazon Saheli showcase. This will open a new platform to make SHG products available to all Indian buyers on Amazon.
Here are the main features of the MoU signed today to support the sale of SHG products through the Amazon Saheli Storefront platform:
75 Indian villages shaped with Israeli cooperation: agriculture minister
India will continue to lag Bangladesh’s per capita income over the next 6 years (IMF data)
* Amazon and MoRD will jointly enable business and social development of women-led rural enterprises in identified states/UTs
* Amazon will provide training and onboarding support to MoRD-designated sellers to list MoRD-associated self-help group (SHG) products on Amazon.in
* Amazon will offer sponsorship fee waiver, imaging and cataloging, and account management support at launch to mitigate cold start for SHGs
* Amazon will help market and promote SHG-listed products through the Sahel storefront, social media, events and on-site merchandising
* The MoRD (through the respective SRLM) will help identify and notify GST verified sellers to sell on Amazon.in, and help sellers secure GST, PAN, etc.
* The MoRD and Amazon will conduct joint awareness workshops and help sellers list their products and unlock growth levers to grow their business on Amazon.in
DAY-NRLM has taken a number of steps to help SHGs access markets for their products. Efforts have also been made by States/UTs to register SHG products on e-commerce platforms. for example, Flipkart, Amazon and Meesho, etc. This includes dedicated web portals operated by some states.
Potential e-commerce platforms were explored and specific provisions such as ‘The Saras Collection’ were created on Government e-Marketplace (GeM) for NRLM SHGs to integrate their selected products. As of April 30, 2022, a total of 1088 products have been uploaded to GeM by 455 SHGs/SHG members. Likewise, there are 445 products from 114 SHG sellers embedded on Flipkart representing 14 states.